- Vincent Cheng, then 40, was the Executive Secretary of the Justice and Peace Commission of the Catholic Church.
- He worked with low-income workers and the disadvantaged segments of society.
- After he had been forced into “confessions”, and while still under detention, Vincent filed an 8-inch thick legal affidavit in which he recanted all his forced “confessions” and rebutted every allegation of the government against him.
- Vincent now works independently in the field of natural health care.
- He is Vice-Chairman of the Singapore Democratic Party and continues to promote social justice.